These little lovelies went off to their new home today....
|The bean bags went in 2 by 2...|
|Cute butterflies and insects|
Aren't they adorable?
This task was a great way for me to build up my confidence and skills. I did them production-line style, i.e. all the cutting at once (yawn!), then all the sewing of the specific parts. This did however, mean I ended up doing all 4 zips in one sitting, boy was that hard work! This is the tutorial I used for my zips - easy peasy, but it does take quite a bit of concentration. I'm definitely not afraid of zips any more. I got a whole bundle of them at my local Dunelm Mill - there was a basket of them in the sale for 35p, 45p and 60p each! What a bargain.
This fabric is really great to work with as its so thick, (maybe some would find that a disadvantage, but its great for certain projects). Here's a fabric basket I whipped up using it -
Perfect for collecting little toys in at the end of the day.
On a different note, something else went to it's new home this week as well. This padded, quilted phone case -
I sold it on Folksy - MY FIRST SALE! I cannot tell you how excited I was to have sold my first item - someone likes my work enough to part with real, hard earned cash for it! Thank you who-ever you are, I hope you like your new phone case as much as I do, it's on it's way to you today.
Now that the 'mass production' of the bean bags is out of the way I think I'll spend some time stocking up my Folksy shop, I've got some nice ideas for things to make, so keep checking back for shop updates.