Here's how the inside of the case looks -
I took some inspiration from the sewing roll that I made a few months ago - I liked the idea of a zipped pocket to hold pencils, so I turned the pocket vertically and placed it at the top -
I also wanted a large open pocket to hold a notebook -
The front of this large pocket also has some little pockets - I used some of the elephant 'Little Menagerie' fabric and trimmed with with red binding. These little pockets will be great for holding stickers,stencils, more paper etc.
And of course there's the crayon holder at the bottom, this holds 11 regular sized crayons -
I had originally planned to attach binding around the outside of the whole case, a bit like my sewing tool wrap, but then I would have had to choose which fabric to use for that and then make the binding etc etc. I just sewed the front and back together, right sides facing then turned it out and topstitched around the edge. This also allowed me to attach a hairband to use as a loop closure.
The outer jacket of the case is padded and quilted with diamonds. I also added some appliqued stars which I think came out pretty good!
I'm really pleased with how this turned out, and I truly haven't seen anything else like it at all.
Oh, and I FINALLY got round to sewing the 3 self-cover buttons onto my pink love heart cushion. I always find that I put off jobs like sewing on buttons - even though they literally take minutes to do.