These were ridiculously easy to make, despite the size of them putting me off! I like to stick to small projects, so this was really out of my comfort zone.
So....here's how they used to look - dark, brown, with embroidered circles on them...nothing wrong with them, I just wanted to brighten the place up a bit -
|You get the idea? Dull, dull, dull|
|Lookin' good already!|
I am really pleased with how these have turned out, they are just how I wanted them to look (it may be necessary to say that some of my projects don't always turn out as good as they looked in my head!)
I used this tutorial from Kitschy Coo for the curtains, however, I also used the tab top curtain tutorial on the Michael Miller blog (tutorials down the right-hand side) to make the tabs as they were way easier in this version. Whenever I want to make something I look through all the tutorials I can find, then pick out all the best/easiest bits.
Where the 2 fabrics join on the curtains I top-stitched above and below the join, I think this gives a really nice finish, along with top-stitching all around the outer rectangle of the entire curtain -
I wanted to have lined curtains as these fabrics are both really light in colour and I wanted to hide all the seams, I made good use of the old sheet I got at a car boot sale a few weeks ago, it was perfect!
I was going to make matching tie-backs for these curtains, but I actually think I'll get something like these for tucking them behind, it looks far neater and it won't hide any of the pattern on the curtains.