I have 2 of my new dining chair cushions made already. They've been really quick to put together (apart from those pesky zips!) and were very easy to make.
These are how the bargain cushions looked when I bought them (I actually quite like them so I'll keep the covers and use them one day!) -
And here they are after their 'makeover' -
I absolutely *love* this stripey fabric, I keep thinking of it as 'pale apple and raspberry'. Yummy colours for my new-look dining room. I made the ties using bias binding which I've folded in half and sewn to make long strips.
Two more cushions to go and then it's on to the curtains. I've found an easy-peasy looking tutorial here which I'll follow.
Oh and a word of warning - there seems to be a virus of some sort affecting computers - what happens is that you are just browsing through fabric web-sites and then somehow your basket fills up with lovely, pretty fabrics, then a few days later the postman arrives with them. It's a mystery to me how this happens, but it keeps on happening to me :-)