About a year ago I had a go at making Joshua a pair of simple trousers. There are many tutorials for making these by tracing around an existing pair of trousers to make your pattern. They turned out pretty well - for my first attempt. So I decided it was high time I had another go - not least because he has grown out of so many pairs of his trousers recently!
I found some really cool fabric at my local fabric store, it looks like camouflage, but upon closer look it's actually lots of little dinosaurs!
We had a few days of sunshine so rather than making trousers I thought I'd start with a pair of shorts (obviously those haven't been needed lately what with all the torrential rain we've had here in the UK!!). So here are my very simple shorts -
Armed with my new 'skill' I decided to try a pair of trousers...but I wanted to be a bit more adventurous!
I dug out some plain fabric and teamed it up with some fun 'boy' fabrics and planned the trousers.
This is the basic trousers, the inner leg seam sewn and ready to be embellished.
I thought some little 'patches' would be cute!